A New Lockport Family YMCA
For more than 153 years, the Lockport Family YMCA has served as a beacon of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility for the members of its community.
Looking ahead, we realize that in order to effectively continue delivering our mission and address the growing and changing needs of our community, the time has come to replace our 90 year old East Avenue facility with a modern day YMCA.
Our vision is to create a centrally located, inclusive, family-oriented space that allows us to offer more services and touch more lives than ever before. Every aspect of this new YMCA will serve to support and strengthen our community for generations to come by providing opportunities for people of all ages to:
– build positive relationships with others in their community
– learn and reinforce skills
– grow in confidence and character
– feel a strong sense of belonging
– maintain a healthy lifestyle in spirit, mind, and body
– explore and achieve their potential