TURKEY TROT INFORMATION
Your participation in the YMCA Turkey Trot will help support kids and families across Western New York by helping to make YMCA programs and services accessible to those who would otherwise be unable to afford the full cost of service.
ENTRY FEES (includes commerative t-shirt)
$30 if received by October 16
$35 if received by November 20
Download a registration form or register online.
$5 per team fee (plus individual race fee)
Download a team registration form.
For the safety of everyone participating as well as observing the race and participating in the post race party in the Convention Center, the capacity will once again be set at 14,000.
Distinctive trophies will be awarded to:
1st place male and female
1st place male and female masters
1st through 3rd place male and female in the following age categories: 14 & under, 15 to 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
1st through 3rd place team in the following categories: four member family team category, two member husband/wife and four member corporate all comers
AWARDS WILL BE DETERMINED BY GUN TIME FOR OVERALL AND MASTERS WINNERS. AGE GROUP WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY CHIP TIME. TEAM AWARDS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE AVERAGE COMBINED CHIP TIME OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS.
9:00 am SHARP on Delaware Avenue.
The YMCA Turkey Trot is an 8k footrace which begins Delaware Avenue. The race course follows Delaware Avenue into downtown Buffalo. The route proceeds around Niagara Square to Church Street and then onto Franklin Street where runners will cross the finish line in front of the Buffalo Convention Center.
PACKET PICK-UP - NEW CLOSING TIME
Runners are strongly encouraged to pick up race packets between Monday, November 24 and Wednesday, November 26 between 9:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Delaware YMCA, 2564 Delaware Avenue in North Buffalo.
Look for special Turkey Trot discounts. Runner’s Roost will sponsor this year’s running expo during at the Delaware YMCA from Monday, November 24 – Wednesday, November 26.
AWARDS CEREMONY AND POST RACE PARTY
The YMCA Turkey Trot awards ceremony and post race party take place immediately following the race on the upper level of the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center.
FAMILY FRIENDLY POST RACE AREA
The post race party will be held at Statler City immediately following the race which includes a family friendly area, refreshments, and award presentation (alcohol free area).
RACE DAY INFORMATION
- Shuttle buses will run from the Convention Center to the Target Plaza, located on Delaware Avenue from 7:00 – 7:45 am. LAST BUS LEAVES THE CONVENTION CENTER AT 7:45 am.
- Port-O-Johns will be available outside the Delaware YMCA.
- Runners will begin lining up at 8:30 a.m. Please line up according to your ability using the pace flags as a guide.
- Awards will be determined by gun time for overall and masters winners. Age group winners will be determined by chip time.
- Shuttle buses will run from the PEARL STREET SIDE of the Convention Center to the Target parking lot on Delaware from 10:00 – 11:45 am.
- Roller blades, strollers and dogs are not allowed on the race course.
- The Turkey Trot phone line is 716-875-1283.