TURKEY TROT INFORMATION
Your participation in the YMCA Turkey Trot will help support kids and families across Western New York by helping to make YMCA programs and services accessible to those who would otherwise be unable to afford the full cost of service.
(includes online processing fee and commerative t-shirt)
$35 if received by October 16
$40 if received by November 19
$5 per team (plus individual race fee)
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
DOWNLOAD TEAM REGISTRATION FORM
Registration closes at 12:00 pm EST on Thursday November 19, 2015 and is limited to 14,000 participants. Paper applications will not be accepted after October 16, 2015. Go Green! Register online! There are no additional fees to register online.
For the safety of everyone participating as well as observing the race and participating in the post race party in the Convention Center, the capacity will once again be set at 14,000.
Distinctive trophies will be awarded to:
1st place male and female
1st place male and female masters
1st through 3rd place male and female in the following age categories: 14 & under, 15 to 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
1st through 3rd place team in the following categories: four member family team category and four member corporate all comers
AWARDS WILL BE DETERMINED BY GUN TIME FOR OVERALL AND MASTERS WINNERS. AGE GROUP WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY CHIP TIME. TEAM AWARDS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE AVERAGE COMBINED CHIP TIME OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS.
9:00 am SHARP on Delaware Avenue.
The YMCA Turkey Trot is an 8k footrace which begins Delaware Avenue. The race course follows Delaware Avenue into downtown Buffalo. The route proceeds around Niagara Square to Church Street and then onto Franklin Street where runners will cross the finish line at Niagara Street.
PACKET PICK-UP - NEW LOCATION
Runners are strongly encouraged to pick up race packets between Monday, November 23 and Wednesday, November 25 between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. at the Independent Health Family Branch YMCA, 150 Tech Dr, Amherst, near ECC North Campus.
Look for special Turkey Trot discounts. Runner’s Roost will sponsor this year’s running expo during at the Independent Health Family Branch YMCA from Monday, November 23 – Wednesday, November 25.
AWARDS CEREMONY AND POST RACE PARTY
The YMCA Turkey Trot awards ceremony and post race party take place immediately following the race on the upper level of the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center.
FAMILY FRIENDLY POST RACE AREA
The post race party will be held at Statler City immediately following the race which includes a family friendly area, refreshments, and award presentation (alcohol free area).
RACE DAY INFORMATION
- Shuttle buses provided by MASH Urgent Care will run from the Convention Center to the Target Plaza, located on Delaware Avenue from 7:00 – 7:45 am. LAST BUS LEAVES THE CONVENTION CENTER AT 7:45 am.
- Port-O-Johns will be available outside the Delaware YMCA.
- Runners will begin lining up at 8:30 a.m. Please line up according to your ability using the pace flags as a guide.
- Awards will be determined by gun time for overall and masters winners. Age group winners will be determined by chip time.
- Shuttle buses will run from the PEARL STREET SIDE of the Convention Center to the Target parking lot on Delaware from 10:00 – 11:45 am.
- Roller blades, strollers, and dogs are not allowed on the race course.
- The Turkey Trot phone line is 716-875-1283.