Become a Fundraiser
Thank you for helping to fund YMCA programs that empower youth, improve community health, and ensure access to all as a YMCA Turkey Trot Peer Fundraiser. The more you raise the more rewards you can earn.
Click here to see our 125th commemorative Peer Fundraiser rewards.
Here are some easy steps to get your fundraising started and remember to aim high!
- Personalize your fundraising page: You can do this by signing into your account with RunSignUp and then go to your Profile by clicking on icon in the upper right hand corner. From your Profile, scroll down to your Fundraising section of your profile. Click “Edit Fundraiser” next to the fundraiser to Manage.
Here you can do things like:
- Add or update your photo
- Create a slideshow for your page – Click here to learn how!
- Tell your story of why you are participating
- Set your goal
If you make changes, don’t forget to click on “Save Fundraiser Changes”.
- Ask, ask and continue to ask: Starting from the time you register for the YMCA’s 125th Annual Turkey Trot until the fundraising deadline, ask your family, friends, co-workers and others in your network for support as you run or walk to build a stronger, healthier and more connected Western New York community.
To find your custom fundraising URL and see what your sharing options are, you will need to be signed into RunSignUp. While signed in, scroll down to your Fundraising section of your profile. Here you will find your personalized fundraising URL.
If you are currently editing your fundraiser, or viewing donations, then you can simply click on the “Links/Sharing” button on the left frame main menu, and this will allow you to view the Fundraiser Sharing Options page.
From this page, you can:
- Share you custom URL on social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Copy and paste your custom URL for your fundraising outreach emails
Consider asking family, friends, co-workers and others in your network to support you for a specific dollar amount such as $20, $50, $100. Every dollar makes a real and positive difference for children and families across Western New York!
- Social media: Post on social media to get the word out and encourage family and friends – in Western New York, across the country, and around the world to join the YMCA’s Virtual 125th Annual Turkey Trot.
Leading up to the run/walk, here are some post ideas:
- Share your personal story or reason why you are running/walking in the YMCA’s 125th Annual Turkey Trot
- Share what the YMCA Turkey Trot means to you
- Share photos or videos of yourself training for the run/walk
- Encourage others to participate in YMCA’s Virtual 125th Annual Turkey Trot by sharing the event website
- Continue updating and thanking: Thank you notes are SO important! Make sure to thank people who are making donations in a timely manner (for example: don’t wait until December when the event is over). Remember to also share updates on your progress with your supporters.
- Company matching gift program: Most employers have a matching gift program and will match donations made by their employees. Each company has its own approach to charitable giving, so please be sure to confirm matching gift program guidelines directly with your employer.
If you need some help or have some questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.